||[Jul. 29th, 2009|12:52 pm]
Made this Blueberry Buckle for my co-workers today and they LOVE it! It's super yummy! I substituted butter for the shortening.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
1. Grease bottom and 1/2 inch up sides of a 9x9x2-inch or 8x8x2-inch baking pan; set aside. In a medium bowl combine the 2 cups flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
2. In a medium mixing bowl beat shortening with an electric mixer on medium speed for 30 seconds. Add the 3/4 cup sugar. Beat on medium to high speed until light and fluffy. Add egg; beat well. Add flour mixture and milk alternately to beaten egg mixture, beating until smooth after each addition.
3. Spoon batter into prepared pan. Sprinkle with blueberries. In another bowl combine the 1/2 cup flour, the 1/2 cup sugar, and cinnamon. Using a pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs; sprinkle over blueberries. Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 50 to 60 minutes or until golden. Serve warm. Makes 9 servings.